I have read some great books in my life. In the latter part of my life most of them have been Christian books, theology, and life application books. I really enjoy challenging myself and my views by reading what other people perceive. I feel I become a more whole person when I am discovering life through the eyes of others and especially through the eyes of Christ.
So here is a list of great books worth reading. You may love them, you may hate them, but hey like I said, they are worth a read.
Switch On Your Brain : Dr Caroline Leaf
- This book takes a look into the science of the brain and how our thinking can have a positive effect on our health.
Mere Christianity : C.S Lewis
- A beautiful and challenging narrative about faith and Christianity.
Captivating : John & Stasi Eldredge
- A women’s journey to wholeness and living out purpose.
The Me I Want To Be : John Ortberg
- Understanding ourselves in the world we live in, and becoming the people we want to be for Christ.
Total Forgiveness : R.T Kendall
- A great book about learning to forgive ourselves and others.
The Jesus I Never Knew : Philip Yancey
- Learning who the person of Jesus was and is today.
Irresistible Revolution : Shane Claiborne
- A young missionary’s stories of his adventures around the world, as he follows the call on his life to make a difference in people’s lives.
Love & War : John & Stasi Eldredge
- A fantastic book about relationships, especially looking at marriage.
Majority of these books will be available at your local Christian bookstore and may even be available at stores like Exclusive Books. I think it is so beneficial to human beings, intellectual beings, to be reading and learning daily. These books can just be added to your list of books to read or your home library.